OpenOffice 2.2.1 and openoffice 2.2.1 language packs available for testing

Post by _PN_boy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:20 am

Hi,

Openoffice 2.2.1 packages ready for testing:
http://users.zenwalk.org/user-accounts/ ... 6-48.1.dep
http://users.zenwalk.org/user-accounts/ ... 6-48.1.md5
http://users.zenwalk.org/user-accounts/ ... 6-48.1.tgz

buildscript: http://users.zenwalk.org/user-accounts/ ... noffice.sh

This is mostly Borrominis work on the script, so hats of to him for the great work on it :)

Language packages can be found here: http://users.zenwalk.org/user-accounts/ ... 18n/2.2.1/

Regards,

eddi
Regular Zenwalker
Regular Zenwalker

Re: OpenOffice 2.2.1 and openoffice 2.2.1 language packs available for testing

Post by eddi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:31 am

Wow,

I did not even noticed that a new version is out. And i am working daily with OpenOffice.

Now I am downloading it, including a few language packs.

This is what I call "up-to-date"!

Merci!

Crocus
Community Packager
Community Packager

Post by Crocus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:50 am

tested with my daily works, works fine :)

Crocus
Linux ? Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher ...

zilverling
Experienced Zenwalker
Experienced Zenwalker

Post by zilverling » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:14 am

Hi, I have installed Dutch language pack but cannot see what it does actually add. I guess I'm missing something ;-) My desktop environment is English.

For example I still only have UK (no Dutch) spell check (even if default language for documents is Dutch).

_PN_boy
Zenwalk Packager
Zenwalk Packager

Post by _PN_boy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:10 am

Hi,

zilverling wrote:I have installed Dutch language pack but cannot see what it does actually add. I guess I'm missing something ;-) My desktop environment is English.

The language is only changed out-of-the-box if your language is set in the locales, U can change it manually in OOo, just go to Tools/Options/Language Settings/Language of/User interface change that to Dutch

zilverling wrote:For example I still only have UK (no Dutch) spell check (even if default language for documents is Dutch).

The spell checking in OOo in handled by hunspell U can get the spell checking functionality added by installing the hunspell for your language, available here, still not in the main repo, dough...
After U have that installed, and restart OOo, U'll be able to use spell checking :)

Regards,

zilverling
Experienced Zenwalker
Experienced Zenwalker

Post by zilverling » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:39 am

_PN_boy wrote:Hi,
The language is only changed out-of-the-box if your language is set in the locales, U can change it manually in OOo, just go to Tools/Options/Language Settings/Language of/User interface change that to Dutch
The spell checking in OOo in handled by hunspell U can get the spell checking functionality added by installing the hunspell for your language, available here, still not in the main repo, dough...
After U have that installed, and restart OOo, U'll be able to use spell checking :)

Regards,

Very clear instructions! Thanks a lot. Het werkt (it works).

_PN_boy
Zenwalk Packager
Zenwalk Packager

Post by _PN_boy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:43 am

U could also see that spell checking in Dutch was also added to firefox, thunderbird, etc ;)

zilverling
Experienced Zenwalker
Experienced Zenwalker

New version of Dutch dictionary for hunspell/myspell

Post by zilverling » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:10 pm

PN_Boy: first of all thanks a lot for maintaining all these language packages! Very useful stuff.

After having installed, I found out that recently new .dic and .aff files have been published by the Dutch OpenTaal project.

I have now installed these files manually on my computer. It would be great they could be included in an updated hunspell-nl package for Zenwalk. Maybe that could be combined with an upgrade to the latest version of hunspell (1.17), but that's easier said than done and I have no clue how much work that would be... If you need any help in maintaining these packages: I don't know how to do it, but would certainly be interested to learn & help out.

I checked the hunspell sourceforge page and could not find a repository of dictionaries there.  I did find a wiki page on the OpenOffice.org website, listing spell checker dictionaries, hyphenation files, and thesauri for OpenOffice.org.

Anyhow, I found this little excursion into the world of open source language utils quite interesting...

mfluder
Regular Zenwalker
Regular Zenwalker

Post by mfluder » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:58 pm

Hi _PN_boy!

Since Zenwalk is now almost completely Tangofied, have you thought of replacing the default OpenOffice icon set with the Tango one? You can find it here.

Oh, and Fred made a really nice OpenOffice splash screen which goes quite well with the new snapshot look (Slim theme, wallpaper...).

Regards,
mfluder

_PN_boy
Zenwalk Packager
Zenwalk Packager

Post by _PN_boy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi,

mfluder wrote:Since Zenwalk is now almost completely Tangofied, have you thought of replacing the default OpenOffice icon set with the Tango one? You can find it here.

Tango Iconset is already present, U can change it in : Tools, Options, Openoffice.org, View

mfluder wrote:Oh, and Fred made a really nice OpenOffice splash screen which goes quite well with the new snapshot look (Slim theme, wallpaper...).

It open for vote here,

Regards,